Week 3 was Elmwood’s best week yet. It just keeps getting better and better as campers and staff get more comfortable, more connected and have more opportunities to be themselves. There was so much that happened this week that it felt like 50 days instead of 5.
Here are the TOP TEN reasons that Elmwood was the place to be in week three!
- Favorite Sports Team Day: Campers and staff came into camp sporting their favorite jerseys, hats and other gear representing teams from around the country. It was so great to see over 100 teams represented. Of course, the top 4 were the Yankees, Mets, Giants and Jets!!
- At Monday’s all-camp meeting, we had our very own version of The Gong Show. Acts included Jake and Vinny in a sports challenge, the maintenance team with a Martial Arts sweep off, Irish step dancing and the leadership team. The leadership team got gonged right away!!
- Our four year old and five year old campers had parent visiting this week. Campers got to show their parents all of the fun they have at camp including swimming and sports. Parents then got to join their children for a celebratory lunch.
- Our 2nd girls had visiting this week too! It was awesome because parents got to see campers not only swim but got a full sense of camp. The best part was parents and campers getting to play together in Sky Park.
- This was the first week that campers got to climb up our new climbing wall. It was incredible too see campers try something new and a few of them got to the very top!
- Friday was our second rainy at camp. Even though we prefer the sunshine, everyone had a great day. There was indoor gaga, a balloon party, science, performance rehearsals, basketball games and so much more.
- Cheese quesadillas, rice and beams for lunch. What could be better?
- Our seniors went on on amazing overnight trip to Dorney Park. It was beyond amazing.
- Our second graders went to the Stepping Stones Museum and our first graders went to see James and the Giant Peach.
- The best part of the whole week was getting to be with friends and be in the Elmwood community.
Have a great weekend. Can’t wait to see everyone on Monday!
Suzanne’s Recipe of the Week – Monkey Bread
- 4-6 cans of biscuit dough
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Spray a 13 × 9 inch pan. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl. Open the biscuit dough and break each circle into 4 pieces. Roll the dough into balls and roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat until all the dough is used. It’s ok to smush the dough balls together. Mix the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture into the melted butter and pour over dough. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes