Top Ten Reasons Week 5 was Awesome at Elmwood!
- Even on rainy days, we have fun at Elmwood. There were so many great indoor activities like gaga, arts and crafts, science, and gymnastics. Our 4th graders got to go on a bowling trip. The best part was seeing campers and staff be cozy together on a chilly and rainy day!
- 2nd grade specialties were in the third rotation this week. Sensei Bob came to camp to teach our 2nd graders the basics of karate. They learned that karate is used to help people and not to hurt people and that it required being strong both in body and mind.
- Our 1st graders had their very own birthday party. Campers got to play pinata, the unwrap the present game and eat yummy cupcakes while singing the Elmwood birthday song!
- There were amazing animal adventures for our stepping stones and 1st grade campers this week. The Greenburgh Nature Center came to camp and our youngest campers got to see a ferret, an iguana and a snake. They loved it!
- All of our 3rd graders had evening visiting this week. Campers got to show their parents their summer home which included playing gaga and playing on Sky Park.
- Silly Sock Day was on Friday. There were tall socks, short socks and socks of all colors! One of the best pairs was a counselor who made their very own custom Elmwood socks.
- Elmwood’s seniors went to visit the Intrepid this week. They got to see a famous warship and even explore the space shuttle.
- Upper Village’s League had it’s Super Bowl on Thursday which included very close games in soccer, softball, basketball and kickball!
- Upper Village Soho and Discovery Intensives each went on trips on Thursday. Soho went to the Bronx Botanical Gardens to see the Chihuly Glass Exhibit and Discovery went to the NY Hall of Science. Both sets of campers had one of their best days of the summer.
- Elmwood’s Performance Intensive had their shows this week. The applause was well deserved for their shows which took place deep in the ocean. Congratulations to all of our Upper Village campers for completing their five week intensives!
This week’s clubs included: Sports around the Wood, Rainbow Arty, Wind Chimes at Woodworking, Rockin’ Rockets, Tie Dye in the Sky, Musical Madness, Paper Party, Safari Yoga Adventure and Dance the Decades.
Suzanne’s Recipe of the Week: Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8-12 tablespoons water
Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the flour, salt, vanilla and chips. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time until you have reached a cookie dough consistency.