Week 7 could not have been better. Even a little rain did not stop the fun! Here are the Top Ten reasons that week 7 was the best week yet!
- Awesome team building activities! Examples include board walking, the bull ring and the friendship circle. Each activity, led by the group’s Division Head includes a debrief activity to learn about the team theme of the week.
- A super fun rainy day! Seniors and 4th graders went to the movies and third graders went bowling. Second graders and younger campers had a great day that included a basketball tournament at the Schechter gyms, game shows here at camp, arts and crafts, board games and so much more!
- K Club! Our five year old campers had their 2nd week of K Club which included sports, gardening and DIY. They loved it.
- Incredible Lower Village clubs! This weeks choices were Ultimate Sports Challenge, Minecrafts, FidgetSpinners at Woodworking, Mythbusters, Mia’s Musical Madness, Boat Racing, and Sweet and Salty Creations.
- The seniors overnight to Fernwood where they went Alpine sliding, air lining, swimming and so much more. They got to sleep in their own houses at night!
- Pajama Day: Our coziest day at camp!
- A spectacular optional hike for our Upper Villagers. Over 50 kids went climbing and hiking at Harriman State Park with Jerry. It was a challenging but spectacular day.
- 4 year old Safari Day. Our youngest campers got to go on a safari hunt throughout camp and make a special safari arts project. Even Elmwood’s 4 year olds get a day to call their own!
- Upper Village Bowl! This was the most spirited, energetic, and fun Upper Village Bowl in Elmwood history. This two day competition included traditional sports, trivia, sneaker mix-up challenges, Simon Says, Gagathon, relay races, and our famous Cheer Off. Each team worked and played hard, cooperated, and showed tremendous sportsmanship. In the end, the red team were the victors, but all teams loved it!
- CARNIVAL! Campers enjoyed rides, games, face painting and more!
Suzanne’s Recipe of the Week – Sweet Sushi
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- Assorted fruit cut into small pieces
- Fruit by the foot
On stovetop over low heat, in large pan, melt margarine, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Take off burner, add in Rice Krispie cereal and stir. Transfer to a 9×13 pan and smooth out with back of spoon. Let cool. Cut into squares. To assemble sushi, flatten the rice krispie treat with your fingers, put the fruit in the middle, roll up. Put the fruit roll up around the outside and cut into sushi size pieces.